Practice yoga at home and stay in great shape!
There are many reasons why group yoga is beneficial. We encourage each other to take responsibility for regularly attending the class. As a group, we inspire each other and become a part of a positive, unified energy. We can feel the power of our collective breathing. We set movement examples; new members can watch others and strive for maximum results.
Make the Most of Social Distancing: Practice Yoga at Home
Follow these steps to attain the same benefits you receive at your yoga studio in Palm Harbor by continuing to practice yoga at home.
Where, When, and How to Practice Yoga
Try to distance yourself from active children and playful dogs. You need a slightly open space and some privacy. Select a time when you are least likely to be interrupted. Early morning can help you energize for the day. Afternoon yoga is a great de-stressor too.
One way to persuade children to respect your time and space is to offer daily “yoga lessons.” You’d be surprised how receptive your youngsters will be to a just-for-them exercise class and you can form a mini yoga-community of your own!
Begin your home yoga sessions with a salute to the sun:
- Stand with toes touching and heels slightly apart; weight evenly distributed.
- Inhale while stretching arms out to the side and overhead.
- Exhale and fold into a forward bend while keeping your knees a straight as possible.
- Inhale and lift your torso upwards while raising your head. Keep fingertips on the floor or on your shins.
- Exhale and step back, placing feet at hip-distance. Continue exhaling as you lower yourself to the floor. This is the plank pose.
- Inhale and stretch your chest forward; pull shoulders back and “open” your collarbones.
- Exhale while lifting your knees away from the floor. Bring your hands and feet closer together as you lengthen your spine. Bend your knees and look backwards, between your hands.
- Return to your original pose while inhaling; draw your arms overhead.
- Exhale and return to your home position; arms down.
Yoga Journal has poses and movements that can help you during your time at home:
- Back Pain
- Easy Pose for Mind and Body
- Eight-Angle Pose for Abs (very difficult)
- Extended Puppy for Spine
- Fatigue Relieving
- Happy Baby for Hips
Stay Connected with Yoga in Palm Harbor
Health and nutrition shouldn’t be a “part” of your life. They should be your lifestyle. Yoga re-integrates the balance we need to live better and longer lives. Mind and body unity provides you greater strength while relaxation techniques allow you to become more powerful.
Floridians of every age can utilize the whole-health wellness benefits of yoga. Many first seek yoga solutions for pain relief but return for other healing therapies including lymphatic drainage and acupuncture.
When Eastern and Western medicine work together, you can realize better management for many conditions:
- Acid reflux
- Back and neck pain
- Carpal tunnel
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Heart health
- Weight gain or loss
East West Healing Solutions encourages you to practice yoga at home during this difficult time. You’ll be better prepared to meet with our healing instructors for summer classes!
Contact us or call 727.216.3972 to learn more about yoga in Palm Harbor, FL. Follow us on Facebook, too!