When should you go to yoga classes?
In the past couple of decades, yoga has become one of the most popular fitness programs in the entire country. Whether you’re interested in weight loss, improved flexibility, or meditation techniques, there’s a little something for everyone.
Now that businesses have been opening up and people are more likely to venture outside, there’s a good chance you’re gearing up to join a few local yoga classes once again. You may be asking yourself, how many times a week should I do yoga?
Frequency of Yoga Sessions
With any exercise program, you first need to determine how often you should attend or how many classes per week would be best for your goals. The truth is that for most people, there’s a “sweet spot” where they’re able to optimize yoga’s effects on their mind and body.
Here’s a quick rundown to give you an idea of what we’re talking about:
- 2-3 Times Per Week — If your schedule is a little hectic or you’re trying to ease back into a regular yoga workout, two or three days a week is a perfect solution.
- 3-5 Times Per Week — It’s been shown that practicing yoga three to five times a week will provide optimal benefits regardless of your specific goals, so this is definitely a schedule you should shoot for.
- Every Single Day — Although some people may consider it overkill, there’s a lot of benefit in practicing yoga every day, but a couple of these days should consist of a lighter workout.
Length of Each Yoga Session
If you want to get the most out of yoga classes and keep improving, then you must be ready to practice regularly. Depending on the type of yoga, your specific goals, and your availability, each yoga session will typically last between 15 and 60 minutes.
If you’re one of the millions of people who became somewhat lax over your workout sessions due to the pandemic, then you may want to start off slow so that you don’t injure yourself. If you find yourself running short on time, even a quick 10-15 minute session will be good for you.
Benefits of Weekly Yoga Classes
As we get closer and closer to herd immunity and communities begin returning to normal, Palm Harbor yoga classes will continue to gain popularity once again. With regular yoga practice, you’ll be able to get your mind and body to their pre-pandemic levels in no time.
Here are just a few benefits of yoga that you’ll begin seeing right away:
- Muscle Toning — Yoga utilizes multiple types of stretches and poses that target individual muscle groups. In addition to strengthening these muscles, you’ll be more tone and defined.
- Weight Loss — As with any workout routines, a primary goal of most yoga practitioners will involve either slight or even severe weight loss. Yoga does a great job burning a high number of calories and promotes eating healthier to help you achieve your weight loss goals.
- Better Flexibility — Even people who have never practiced yoga are typically aware that stretching is a primary element of every workout. Among other things, the positions involved will provide you with improved flexibility in a relatively short period of time.
- Mental Health — In addition to the physical benefits, yoga sessions will provide you with multiple mental health advantages. You’ll learn how to achieve mental clarity, gain confidence, and be more productive.
- Stress Relief — A high level of stress can be dangerous to both your physical and mental well-being. Yoga reduces stress through meditation, discipline, and other effective techniques.
Contact East West Healing Solutions for
The East West Healing Solutions yoga studio in Palm Harbor is ready to assist you in improving your mind and body. Our yoga instructors are the best in Florida and will provide you with the tools and knowledge necessary for weight loss, mental clarity, muscle strengthening, and more. Contact us at (727) 216-3972 to get started and sign up for a yoga class!