Can’t Sleep? Get Your Beauty Rest with Acupuncture!
It sounds counterintuitive to use acupuncture to assist with insomnia, the inability to initiate sleep or remain asleep long enough to give your body the rest it needs to function at . Some may question how relaxing acupuncture can be since the practice of acupuncture includes needles. Hopefully, by the end of this blog post/article you will begin to visualize how effective acupuncture is and how painless it is. That’s right! Acupuncture in painless. Did you know the needles used in acupuncture is about the size of a hair? It’s that thin!!! People receiving acupuncture hardly feel the insertion of the needle. Once the needle is inserted, it is hardly noticeable!
Before we can discuss how acupuncture can help with sleep disturbances, we first need to understand how acupuncture views the body. Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) recognizes that certain parts of the body influences certain activities. Disruptions in these body parts results in disruptions of our body’s performance. Review the following examples to get a better idea:
- Waking up easily during the night may be a result of heart experiencing too much anxiety
- Waking up at a specific time during the night may be a result of liver, lung or kidney meridian disorders relating to stress, anger or grief
- Dream disturbances my show an imbalance or deficiency in the heart, spleen or liver which could be a result of worry
- Overall difficulty of falling asleep may be a result of an imbalance found in the stomach, liver or gallbladder
Depending on the issues you are struggling with, your acupuncturist will use specific acupuncture placement points and treatments to help bring the body back to balance, resulting in better sleep!
Don’t let your fear of needles stop you from trying acupuncture. The needles used in acupuncture are very different from those used for immunizations and to draw blood. If the insertion of a tiny needle could make the difference between waking up sluggish and moody or energetic and ready to conquer the world, wouldn’t you want to at least try it?
Do you have questions or need a FREE consultation? Contact our office today! We would love to have you visit our office to learn more about acupuncture and help you understand how we can help you!
Dr. Marie Perkins works with each of her patients creating and developing a personal healing and health plan, giving them the best course of treatment for the best outcome.
Dr. Marie Perkins is one of the most recognized practitioners in Palm Harbor, Florida as a “non-pharmaceutical” pain specialist.
She is licensed by the National:
- Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy
- Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork
- Commission for the Certification of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM)
Stop hurting and start living! Contact East West Healing Solutions today for a FREE consultation. Discover how we can help you start living pain free again.