Check out these examples of things that can go wrong if you don’t have ample sleep:
- Accidents: Without proper sleep, drivers are more prone to accidents. Alertness goes down, judgement is off and worse, the road and the motion of the vehicle can become hypnotic, actually causing the drive to fall asleep at the wheel!
- Intellect: A lack of sleep can cause you to become less creative, walk around in a brain fog, have difficulty with problem solving skills, forgetfulness increase and it creates a lack of concentration
- Medical complications arising from lack of sleep can include things like heart disease, high blood pressure, stroke and diabetes
- Libido: It takes a dive when sleep isn’t present. Those with sleep issues tend to have low or no interest in sex, have depleted energy and an increase in tension, all interfering with libido.
- Weight gain comes with poor sleeping habits. Sometimes when energy is running low, people turn to food and sugar to make it through the day.
How can acupuncture help?
Intrigued? Read on to find out how acupuncture can help!
It has been found that acupuncture may increase melatonin production in the body. This is key! Melatonin is a natural hormone that helps maintain and regulate the sleep/wake cycles in your body. Acupuncture can act as a hormone balancer, helping your body get the right amount to promote sleep at night.
If stress is keeping you up at night, regular acupuncture treatments may help you combat stress. Minimized stress in your life may be just what your body needs to welcome sleep at night.
How does it all work? Acupuncture uses a system of points or meridians to track the balance of the inner workings of our bodies. It makes sure our blood, organs and energy are in balance. The meridians are stimulated by thin, hair-like needles, unlocking any blockages causing an imbalance to the body’s system.
For more information or to schedule a FREE consultation on how acupuncture can help you with encouraging a better night’s sleep, call us at: 727-216-3972.
About Dr. Marie Perkins, OTR/L, LMT, DOM, Dipl.Ac.
Born and raised in Quebec City Canada, Dr. Perkins received her Bachelor Degree in Occupational Therapy from University Laval in 1993.
Her passion led her to leave everything behind and immigrated to Florida in 1995. She proceeded with acquiring her Massage Therapy license from Bahkti Academy in 1999 and her Master’s Degree in Oriental Medicine from the Florida Institute of Traditional Chinese Medicine in 2004.
Her goal for founding East West Healing Solutions was to be a pioneer in the community working at bridging the gap between Eastern and Western Medicine. She has established strong partnership with Medical Doctors, Doctors of Osteopathic Medicine, Orthopedic Surgeons, Neurologists, Pain Management Physicians, Doctors of Chiropractic, Rehabilitative Specialists, Athletic Directors, Coaches and Personal Injury Attorneys in the community proving not only that it can be done but also that a cohesive team approach is often the most efficient way to help a patient.
“Over the years I have continued to add to my knowledge in order to be able to help as many patients I possibly could. Most of the time, a joint effort from Western and Eastern Medicine is required to obtain optimal health. For that reason, patients should proactively seek a team of highly trained professionals in various fields, all working toward one common goal; the PATIENT’S best interest. Your health portfolio should be built with the same concepts as your financial portfolio; diversification is the key!,” Dr. Marie Perkins tells her patients.
34876 US Highway 19 N
Palm Harbor, FL 34684